Open Call Labor Gallery 2016
Open Call for projects to realized in Labor Gallery, for members of FKSE, MMSZK and students of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts
Labor Gallery makes an open call for members of FKSE, MMSZK and students of the Hungarian University of Fine Arts. Applicants have to realize their projects-plans between 01. June 2016 and 01. June 2017.
Labor is a gallery space in the heart of Budapest, operated by C³ Center for Culture & Communication Foundation (C3), the Studio of Young Artists’ Association (FKSE) and the Hungarian University of Fine Arts (MKE). The Labor Committee, consisting of representatives from all three institutions wishes to expand the collaboration between their members through events and projects, therefore, we welcome applications and try to stimulate exchange with the Open Call.
Applications can be submitted by any member of FKSE, MMSZK and student from MKE (including the Doctorate School).
Floor plan and other information: http://labor.c3.hu/en/informacio/
The project plans can be:
● individual or group exhibitions (duration: max.l 3 weeks)
● event series
● workshops (one or more days)
● at least one participant should be a member of FKSE, MMSZK or student of MKE
● a curator/project manager
● in the case of exhibitions, at leat one related event (for example talk, presentation, guided tour, screening etc.)
● filled-out application form
Application form requirements:
● description and project concept (min 0,5 but max. 1 A/4 page)
● list of participants
● professional CV of participants and curator/manager (digital portfolio or website/blog can be submitted) ● list of needed tools and materials (exhibitors can use the tools of Labor Gallery)
● list of needed technical equipment (for winning submissions it is possible to use the equipment of FKSE or MKE with certain restrictions. Any other need has to be taken care of by the exhibitors)
● planned timeline of the project (please mark the preferred realisation period, also periods which are excluded. In the case of exhibitions, please write the opening times which would be realistic for you to keep and the amount of days needed for building and deconstructing.)
● approximate budget We ask everyone to please keep in mind that guarding the exhibitions is the responsibility of the exhibitors. Please merge the application form and every other material and attachment into ONE PDF file.
Furthermore, submissions will be rewarded:
which include C3, FKSE, MMSZK or MKE in any way in the project
17 April 2016, 12.00 PM Applications are judged by the Labor Committee.
Deadline of results:
24 April 2016
Please submit your application at email@example.com (max. 8 MB).
The subject of the e-mail should be ,,Labor 2016 pályázat”.
You should get a response e-mail within a week stating that we have received your application.